Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Journey Explained Vol. 4




A couple of days ago, my post was about my writing journey this year.

I posted several consequences of writing for 245 days in a row...


What happens when you write for 245 days in a row?

Below take an in-depth look at three of the many that I have noticed.

You can talk about the writing process with your students with authentic empathy.

You grow as a writer and a reflective person.

You change the mission and purpose of your writing.

1.  You can talk about the writing process with your students with authentic empathy.

When you write, you are well aware of the process and how difficult that it can be.  You know what it takes to get words on paper.  When you are watching your students write, you can truly share your process and what you do when ____ happens.

2.  You grow as a writer and a reflective person.

I have found that my thinking is more free as I dive deeper into my writing.  I am able to be open and honest within my refections as a person.  I can feel myself writing in my head even when I am not near the computer or paper.  My mind is being changed to be more observant of my world and more aware of my place in my world.

3.  You can change the mission and purpose of your writing.

By writing regularly, you get to know yourself as a writer.  You also become routined in your process and once the process works, it allows you to review...reflect...and make some changes to make your writing more to your liking.

Reflections and Awareness.  Writing allows for these gifts.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites



No comments:

Post a Comment