Sunday, September 16, 2018

3-word Mindfulnesss Meditation




Want to start each day off with intention and purpose?  Need focus and guidance for the day?

You came to the right place!

For only $29.95 plus tax, I will tell you the secret to having happy days....

Not really, it is free and below.

The 3-word meditation:

I have a brief moment of silence in my school in which students are encouraged by the announcements of the day, to reflect, pray, or simply sit in silence.  I have used this time for many years to do a 3-word meditation.

I am very used to this and come up with the 3-words that I need in the moment.  I suggest that you begin by listing three things that you want to be... be focused on... for the day and when the time is right, just before teaching, use these three words in a brief meditation.

Some sample words for me are:

Focus
Intentional
Quiet
Compassion
Appreciation
Gratitude
Positive
Support
Praise
Relax
Present
Love
Care
Partner

When it is time to meditate, I shut my eyes.  I exhale.  As I inhale, I think the word to myself and see a vision of what that looks like in my day.

For example.  It my word is support, I envision myself supporting my students throughout the day.

I then exhale, and do the process over and over with all three words.

This sets my path for my day.  It is mindful.  With this, I am not mindlessly living my day.  My day has purpose and direction.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment