Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Journey Explained Vol. 3




A couple of days ago, my post was about my writing journey this year.

I posted several consequences of writing for 245 days in a row...


What happens when you write for 245 days in a row?

Below take an in-depth look at three of the many that I have noticed.

You develop a writing style of your own.

You become self-inspired to take on more writing projects.

You learn the realities of being a writer.



1.  You develop a writing style of your own.

We all develop a style of doing things after we repeat them often.  We might have a style of cutting the grass, cooking, or sorting out laundry.  Writing is no different.  After a while, your writing style becomes apparent.  With quantity...and a little quality  mixed in, it is evident what your style truly is.  The wonderful thing that I have noticed is that when we become aware of our style, we can make deliberate and intentional changes to our style to become more of the writer that we want to be.

2. You become self-inspired to take on more writing projects.

The more writing I have done, the more confident I have become in my writing.  Or..I am willing to take more risks in trying new things.  I am nowhere near where I want to be as a writer, but I am on my way enough to allow myself to experiment with other projects such as articles and guest blog posts.

3.  You learn the realities of being a writer.

When we are simply thinking about writing, we can often be unrealistic.  We can also self-talk ourselves out of writing due to a lack of confidence.  When we are actually writing, we know what is real about our writing life, and what requires more attention.  Most of the time, I am finding that people are very surprised that they can actually do it...and better than they thought that they could!  

Writing is very personal and works into peoples' lives in many different ways.  We all have our journey.  They key is taking the step and staying mindful of our process and progress along the way.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites



No comments:

Post a Comment