Wednesday, September 26, 2018

A little Self-Regulation




Self-Regulation has many definitions and places within the world of education.  I have focused on allowing my students to become more self-sufficient learners while reflecting on what works for them...and what doesn't, while making informed choices in their learning that will bring them towards their goals.

I am currently writing on this...which means that I am also researching it now.  But, I have been practicing this with students for about 5-years now with a lot of success.

I want my students to become self-directed learners which will allow them to expect more from their teachers when they are in high school.

Also, in bringing my students to this mind, the mind of choice and empowerment, my students advocate for themselves and what they need.  They no longer settle for sub-par learning and require challenging work that can be proven to help them to grow.

Why am I expecting so much of my students?

I have found that the more I believe that my students are capable of, the more they show the confidence to try things beyond the levels that they are accustomed.

I am looking forward to writing this book and talking more about it in my blog and other articles.

In general, we need to know what our students truly need, not what a curriculum tells us that they need.  There is more to learning than the academics...students need to learn who they are as learners and that they are the ones in charge of their journeys and successes.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment