Monday, January 15, 2018

Writing to Reflect



As writing becomes a regular part of my day, I am finding that as I sit down to write in my blog, articles for the online literacy site, or for the book project that I am working on, I fall immediately into a self-reflective type of meditation.  It as if I can see and feel what my mind is considering.

I am not sure if all writers find thins place, but I have to say that I am enjoying it.  It gives my thoughts voice and a need to explore.

Writing is hard.  Good writing is even harder. Blogging, for me has become a bit of a mainstreaming activity that allows my thoughts to find a place to express themselves. So far, for me...this type of writing isn't hard.  In fact, it is therapeutic.

I decided before the beginning of the year that I was going to become much more intentional with my writing...even if there was no audience.

My short-thoughts would be my blog posts.

My well thought-out ideas would become my articles for my literacy site editor.

My real work would be chapter work and research in my current book project.

So far so good.

I am hopeful that others that have lifted the veil of procrastination in their writing are feeling a similar sense of growth.  Of course, I could not be doing any of this without my wonderful support system...especially those that nudge me to write daily.

Be Mindful.

Peace

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment