Sunday, January 21, 2018

Writing not writer



I have spent about four hours each day, since the first of the year, writing.

I have been writing for fun, for inspiration, and for a true book project.

I have felt like a writer more than ever for the past 21 days.

My wife, a few years ago, gave me a small poster that read, "Don't be a writer, be writing".  This, for all of this time, had left me defensive.  Now that I am writing. Now that writing is a daily routine- it is said that habits take 21 days to form and today is day 21. I am no longer defensive.  If I am honest, I am feeling more humbled by my writer behavior. Yes- even embarrassed by the "writer" that I was.

Writing is hard.  Writing is a process of putting yourself out there.  It requires thick skin and the absence of defensiveness. Writing creates a naked soul.  Writing is all in the head-literally.

So- where does this leave me today?

I am proud to be writing.  I am proud to have three or four outlets for my writing.  I am thrilled to be finding and developing my voice...my flow...my writer's mind.

I am thankful for the massively supportive #PLN of writers and friends.

SO- this is my simple way of saying thank you and having a celebratory reflection of being writing, not a writer.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites



3 comments: