Sunday, January 14, 2018

Source of Inspiration



I have been thinking a lot, as I get myself involved in more substantial projects in thought and writing, about what inspires me.

What INSPIRES me?

My initial answer-

My inspirations change all of the time.

So...what is inspiring me right now?

My students are inspiring me as I spend a lot of awareness watching my students learn and grow.  They teach me every day.  In fact, I fear the day that I retire as I am so afraid of losing this wealth of inspiration.

My writers group (local) inspires me as they open my mind to new things in my personal teaching world. They are honest, open, and give real feedback.

My Twitter PLN inspires me as they open my mind to global thinking. I cannot participate in a Twitter Chat without walking away with new ideas and friends.

My writing inspires me. I grow from being immersed in my own thinking on paper.

My library of professional books inspires me as it offers such rich, and wide-ranged thinking that challenges me to try things outside of my comfort zone.

Why think about what and/or who inspires me?

Slowing down and appreciating where my inspiration comes from allows me to become more intentional in finding the inspiration that I need at any given time.

Who or what inspires you?

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites

3 comments:

  1. I am inspired by YOU and your commitment to daily writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am also writing articles for an online educational site and working on a book for Stenhouse. Writing has become most of my life. Mark

      Delete
  2. I've been having a hard time thinking about what inspires me.
    I used to do way more professional reading than I'm doing now. I think I'll look to all these amazing books I order and don't read this week and get back into professional reading this year. So much good stuff out there.

    ReplyDelete