Monday, January 1, 2018

Starting Now

It is the first of a new year and I have all of those lofty goals. I have teaching, reading, writing, presenting, being goals. I have goals about building and making. I have goals about how I will approach various items in my life. I have moved furniture around in my office and have cleaned to the studs. I have my new favorite pens and new paper on my desk. I have it all ready.

Wonderful.

But am I ready?

I am finally ready to accomplish things. Not because they are my goals, but because I am ready to simply be who I am and allow myself to be that person first. I am ready to filter "me" though the goals and challenges of the year. This is not because it is the first of the year, per se. This is because who I am in this very moment.

As I look around my office at all of the tools that I need to be a success, I realized that these tools have no soul. They cannot be ready to be successful unless I am genuinely ready to become successful in my movement using them.  With these new eyes, I can now see the true value of these tools. They mean something different now. They are not just objects, but they have voices and lives.

Ready?

I think so.

Starting now,

I have made a pact with myself. Not one that can be broken. Not one as one makes with themselves to join a gym this year and finally get that perfect body. One that simply reminds me to be me.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark

#Mindfulliteracy

2 comments:

  1. Go and get those goals, Mark! The #TeachWrite community is here to support you and cheer you on.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete