Saturday, January 13, 2018

Stuck in Stress



In the current social and political climate, kids have more reason to be stressed than ever before.  Our society is being split while people are have more to be concerned about in life than any other time in (my) history. I am worried. I feel for my students and the kids of the country.

I look at my middle school students are worry about them.  I worry that they have little awareness of what their adults lives will be.

And then... I am thankful.

I am thankful that they can continue to be innocent and oblivious enough to not feel the pressures of tomorrow and they get to live in the simple drama of the day.

I would much rather have my students worry about who is going out with who, who has the largest zit, who is not wearing deodorant, whose clothes are not "in" right now, and what they will be eating for lunch that day.

So what is the answer?  What is the right thing to do?

Do we enlighten our teen students to the realities of the world or do we protect them while we still can.

I want to do the right thing.  I want my students to be aware, but not stressed.

I want my students to be happy.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


2 comments:

  1. You bring up some very good points. There are days when I wonder where the innocent has gone? Like you said, worrying about who likes who, zits, and clothes! How do we make sure our kids are happy? Things to ponder on this Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete