Thursday, January 4, 2018

Taking a Moment

As I prepare to go back to school and to my students on Monday, I know I am going to need a considerable amount of coffee.  My sleep schedule is off. My level of daily responsibilities are off. My priorities are off. I am going to need some easing in time.

What I really need to be mindful of...cognizant of...is that my students also need some time to ease into their school heads.  They, too, have been doing other things, thinking about other things.  Their schedules have been off, their priorities have been changed. My students will need some time to shake off the dust that has settled in their brains and slowly and thoughtfully ease into work.

I am thinking about all of this while I plan.

I know that there is data to be looked at. There is curriculum to rush through. There are deadlines looming and district tests coming.

This is not going to get done with any sense of integrity or worth unless we all just take a breath and live in the moment and recognize where we are all at...what we need from ourselves right now.

So-

Monday will come. Monday will be hard.  Monday will not be rushed.  In fact, Monday will be enjoyed.

Why?

Because I will be taking a moment to be.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites

1 comment: