Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Repelling the Negative





As I walked down the happy from my classroom today after school, there were three teachers complaining about students.  I call this behavior Celebrating Negativity.  There went on and on about students talking about their lack of abilities, their poor behaviors, and how terrible they were in each of their classes.

I know I should do something to stop this behavior.  I have tried.  I have stopped and explained that these students have needs that are not being met.  I stop at times and explain how these students have had wonderful days.

Today, I stopped and asked, "What are you doing for the student to help them become better?"

All I got was dirty looks and rude grunts.

This teacher behavior frustrates me.  I have heard from so many that these "teachers" exist in all types of schools in every state.  I am not satisfied with accepting this.

Although I repel the negativity and make sure that I do my best to make up for these teachers with these noted student, I do not feel that it is fair that they exist.  In all honesty. I do not understand why these people are teachers.  They have all been teaching less years than I have.  I am older than all of these teachers.

I am just not okay with this.

I have always had the mantra, since I was 15-years old at my first job...If I don't like where I am working, it is time to move on.  Also, I will always give 110%- why give any less, it only reflects on your belief in yourself.

I guess I will need to deal with this for the rest of my career, but I will never be okay with it.

Students need their teachers on their sides.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


3 comments:

  1. I think everyone needs to vent from time to time, but some people take it to negative extremes and it's frustrating. I like your mantras. A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes...these people that I speak of are what might be considered- TOXIC.

      Delete
  2. I read somewhere today that this is called coBLABeration. I appreciate your efforts and agree that kids need us on their side.

    ReplyDelete