Monday, July 2, 2018

Six months of Habit




Well...

This post marks 6-months of consecutive daily posts here on my #Mindfulliteracy blog.  183 days of mindful mindstreaming as I notice the life around me.  This blog has become my writing habit.  It also has become my self-awareness.  It is clearly my reflection on life. It has become my routine and in a sense, my obsession.  This blog is my daily practice as I continue to write articles and make strides in my books.

Six months ago, I chose as my one-little-word, the word, Persist.  I wanted to stay with things and push myself.  I wanted to make commitments to myself and follow through.  I wanted to stop waiting and do...

I am not going to talk about or think about where I go from here.  I will set goals and work towards the goals.  I will continue on my writing journey as I have
for the past 183 days.  But I also will feel fulfilled in the fact that I did this.  I wrote for 183 straight days.  Some of it good, some of it, well... But I wrote.

According to the website: https://jamesclear.com/three-steps-habit-change

The 3 Rs of Habit Change
Every habit you have — good or bad — follows the same 3–step pattern.

  • Reminder (the trigger that initiates the behavior)
  • Routine (the behavior itself; the action you take)
  •          Reward (the benefit you gain from doing the behavior)


I have to admit that I just found this today.  I am posting these 3-Rs because they fit my philosophy that I have adopted.  The reward for me has been completely personal and intrinsic.  I have not given myself prizes or rewards, but have simply kept myself motivated by the successes of the routine.

I strongly recommend this process....or any process that works for you.

Cheers to more work, more routine, and more writing.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 183 days. The 3 R's seem to go along with the whole idea of neuroplasticity and the way we can create new pathways for how we react to certain "triggers."

    ReplyDelete