Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Not Perfect




Today I realized something.  I have known for most of my life that I am really bad at painting.  Be it walls, furniture, or really anything...I am a mess and the outcome is never good.  Today, I tired to spray paint furniture.  And...I am even worse at Spray Painting than I am with a brush or a roller.  I have drips all over the place, spots that were missed or too light....it really is kind of a mess.

But...

I tried and I did the best that I could.  I may be just a little better next time I try it.  I didn't get any paint on myself and clean up was easy (Thanks to the aid of my wife).

But...

What I truly realized was that it is okay to not be good at something.  One can't be good or great at everything.  I tried.  I did my best.  I took the risk and I learned things.  That is the beauty of not being good at things or experienced at things.  You learn from the experience.

Am I not in a hurry to paint more shelves with spray paint, even though I have two more to do.  But, I am a little more experienced now and I can start the new journey next time being just a little more aware of how to do better.

Awareness and experience are wonderful things.  They keep us honest while we keep growing.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. I think our imperfections make us who we are (in a good way). We couldn't be writers without our imperfections. We'd have nothing to say. Nothing to learn. We'd have no chance for growth. I love your post Mark.

    ReplyDelete