Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Meditative Practice




Today was a day of meditation.  As many things seem to be hanging in the balance and deadlines are approaching, I needed to be reset.  I needed a fresh starting point.

Sitting quietly has that effect on me.  I can allow worries and pressure, stress, and pending obligations take a break from hounding me by sitting quietly and in meditation.

The type of meditation that I am talking about is when I sit and pay attention to my breathing.  As thoughts come in, including worries and obligations, I wave hi to them in my mind.  I acknowledge them, but move my attention and focus back to my breathing.  This sounds much easier than it is...at first.  It has taken me years of practice, but you have to start sometime to get to a place where it is amazingly effective for you.

I strongly encourage you to give it a try.  Start with a 5-minute session and move from there.  I have been going outside when the weather is just a tad cool and the neighborhood is quiet....it doesn't get better than that.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment