Sunday, July 22, 2018

Full Life




My mind has been on setting up my classroom for the new year.  I met with colleagues this morning and setting up our classrooms was a topic that came up many times.

I love the opportunity that setting my classroom up for the new year brings.  It allows me to assess what I have, how it might be used, and what I need.  It also allows me to daydream about my room filled with learners and the incredible things that will happen throughout the school year.

For some of my friends in other states and countries, their summer is only a few weeks old.  For me, as we step into the third week of July...I look at summer as having one week left.  In fact, I will be at school setting up and taking care of other things 4 out of the 5 days next week...so...yes, my summer is pretty much over.  I say this (or write this) with a smile on my face.  It is part of the cycle of being a teacher.  Now is the time to prepare and dream in anticipation of the school year to come.

I have my school supplies.  I have my new shoes.  I am ready!

Having things to look forward to gives us joy in our lives.  When we can enjoy the process and time that we are living while we are on our way to what we are looking forward to, we have a full life.  A full life is way better than having an empty one.

Having a full life means that you are squeezing the juice out of each moment.  That is living!

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment