Monday, July 16, 2018

Physical Feedback




So, I went to the doctor today for a wellness check.  As I was waiting to be seen, I found myself going through all of the feedback from the doctor since the last time that I was here.  As I went through each note of feedback, it occurred to me that I was about to get a grade.  I was going to be graded based on my current wellness and the efficiency in which I used the feedback that I was given.

It wasn't a stretch for me to relate this to school and giving students feedback.  They are given feedback, they take some time to use the feedback, and eventually they are given a grade for their work.

Well, due to the loss of some weight, my blood pressure being much lower (in fact, below normal), and my labs coming back 98% normal...I was given a grade.  The doctor refused to give me an actual grade so I looked at the 98% and gave myself an A.  A solid A.

We get so busy with life that we take our physical selves for granted.  We tend to feel as though- as long as it doesn't hurt or it's not bleeding...we are fine.  Our physical wellness is essential to EVERYTHING!  We cannot be...anything...without our health.

I like this idea of looking at the progress of my wellness as feedback driven for a grade.  I want to be a success in all that I do. I certainly will want to get an A next time at the doctor.  I think I will work towards the goals of the feedback given.  Sorry Fried Foods!

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment