Friday, July 20, 2018

Enjoying the Journey.




I am a few hours away from going to a soccer game that I have been looking forward to since April.  It is raining and generally not nice outside.  It is all fine.

Many years ago, I adopted the thinking that the journey is as important if not more important than the destination.  As life goes on with its trials and tribulations, I have found that I really have two options...

1.  Complain about what isn't going right along the way of the journey.

Or

2.  Simply be on the journey and be mindful of the places that it takes me.

Obviously, I chose and continue to choose number 2.  There is no value in choosing option 1. It is stressful and negative.  It is the kind of life that keeps you in a loop of despair.  No one wants or needs that.  It leads to poor mental and physical health.

Was I ever a chooser of number 1.  Of course.  That is why I adopted the mindset of number 2.  It was a response to no longer wanting to live life like that...in a negative soup.

So...

I will go to the game this evening and enjoy what I experience.  Whatever that may be.


Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment: