Friday, July 6, 2018

Searching for Perfect




Today's weather was beautiful.  Perfect.

I, too often, see people complaining on social media or in person about the weather.  If you live in the Midwest, which I do, the weather goes from one extreme to the other.  This sometimes happens in the matter of days or even hours.

I think some of us are so busy looking for the perfect day that when it shows up at our doorstep, we don't notice it.  We don't appreciate it.  In fact, we are looking for the weather to complain about...

I fear that for some, life in general is viewed that way.  They are always searching for perfect.  There is no true perfect...or is there?  It is truly up to the individual.  Perfect is a mindset.

For me, the weather is the weather.  It is perfect the way it is.  Sometimes we have to deal with things due to the weather like driving, my breathing due to allergies, and severe weather that can bring damage.  Weather is weather.  It is what it is.  We cannot do anything about it...but maybe move.  But then we are running away from weather to find new weather to complain about.  Our mindsets follow us.

Perfect Mindset isn't perfect.  It appreciates.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. I grew up in the Midwest. We moved to Florida when I was in high school. The weather can change hour to hour here. I think sometimes when people are looking for perfect "whatever", be it weather, life, etc. they just like to complain. They need to look at the positive side of things now.

    ReplyDelete