Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Taking advantage of warmth




It was warm out today.  For this time of year, 65 degrees is wonderful.  With some consideration of simply relaxing, we decided to mow the lawn, rake up leave, and generally clean the yard.

This time of year I always feel like getting rid of things from the yard and the garage.  I like to have as little outside during the cold, snowy, winter.  I usually only get to the stuff in the garage and bring it into the basement.  But...with this great weather, the outside is just about winterized.  Just a few more items to come in.  Who know...we may even get to do more raking and mow once more with the weather in sight.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fall.  I love the Hoodie weather, campfires, and the change of the season.  What I do not like, and maybe never will until I have a cabin in the woods that I can stay in until every snow flake has melted, cold winters.

I became a teacher in Illinois.  I am stuck until...well until forever.  I can't move and lose what I have with the district that I work in.

So...Yukkie Illinois it is.

So...How can I make the best of this?

I can live in the moment.

I can appreciate what is.

I can enjoy what the weather allows me to do-inside and out.

I can best prepare for snow and the cold.

If it is a lot or a little bit of snow or cold, I will intentionally enjoy what life has decided to give me.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment