Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A surprise visit




I had an opportunity to internally substitute teach for a teacher that is teaching many of my students from last year today.  It was wonderful to see them.  It was wonderful to see how much they have grown and their commitment to the new learning going on this year.

The class started with students being excited to see me.  We talked for a few minutes as I was introduced to the students that were new to me.  What a fantastic surprise event!

As I worked with the students, it struck me how much these students had grown...physically, emotionally, and academically.

This experience left me with a huge smile that was difficult to let go of...and I didn't want to let it go.

As I left the class just before the bell rang for the end of the school day, I told the students how proud of them I was, and how much I enjoyed working with them, by their sides today.  There were many high-fives and a few hugs.

I am sure that most teachers feel as I do...once a student is a student, they are ours for life.  We want to keep in touch, we want to know of their successes, we want them to be safe and happy!

I hope that I tell me students how much I appreciate them enough.  Maybe I should do more?  I also hope that I show my current students that I care about them and want them to be at their best...always.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment