Monday, October 15, 2018

It is time to write




I opened up an old start to a novel that I haven't looked at for about a year.  The Young Adult novel has 68 of about 170 pages written.  It needs a little cleaning up and re-working.  Maybe moving a couple of chapters around...but I really like it.  I still like it after writing it some time ago.

So What?

I have been itching to move beyond this blog in multiple ways starting November 1st.  After the new year...I plan on visiting this blog now and again, but not daily. It is time for the real writing to take its place.  It is time for both professional books and novels to flow from my mind and on to paper-or the screen.

I have ideas.  Many ideas.  I have never experienced "writer's block" and I am not sure if that is a good thing.  Maybe I have not persisted with my writing enough to truly know.

I know I have many ideas.  I know I write quickly.  I know a hundred pages can take me about 10 days.  I know I enjoy reading what I write.  I know I am ready to bring my words out to be trialed. 

So...

It is time.  It feels good.  It is time for me to make commitments to myself that I will not want to break.  It is time to move up a step or four.

Sure, I have been working on being a writer for most of my long long life...but it is "better late than never?"  I sure hope this is the case.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment