Sunday, October 14, 2018

Filling the Sunday Cup




What do you do on Sundays to fill your cup?

It is essential for us to intentionally take some time and effort to fill our cups on Sunday allowing us to have all that we need to begin the week at our best on Monday.

We give so much during the week of ourselves, of our family, of our time and energy, of our soul.  It stands to reason that by Sunday, we are drained.  We are lucky if there is much more than a drip on the bottom of our cup by Friday night.  For many of us, Saturday is simply a time to catch up on errands, sleep, or a quick outing.  In my family, this means groceries and household goods must be obtained to survive another week,

My Sundays begin, where and while I write this...that is with a wonderful group of people who work together, laugh together, cry together, reflect together, and write together.  This is the beginning of the filling of my cup.  Yes, lots of coffee is involved.

Other endeavors might include a little therapeutic shopping, a walk, some frivolous TV watching, cooking and eating...

How do we know when our cup is full?  When we might be tired, we are truly ready for the week.  We are ready to meet the week with enthusiasm and energy.  The more we can practice true self care, the more we will be ready to meet the week with vigor and love.

For me, I need just a little more.  I need some quiet time and some time to meditate to clear my head and to visualize the most positive week that I can possibly have.  I review my calendar and prepare myself emotionally for what I am up against.

What do you do to fill your cup on Sundays?

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#MIndfulliteracy
@LevineWrites

No comments:

Post a Comment