Saturday, October 13, 2018

Renewed energy and focus




I am having one of those days where I feel like re-inventing myself with renewed energy and focus.

When I get like this, I am aware that I do a few things, or at least think about a few things.

1.  I want to become a minimalist.  I want to cleanse myself of stuff.  I also want to cleanse myself of various commitments and responsibilities to free myself for what I want to do and who I want to be.

2.  I want to surround myself with ONLY people and things that lend themselves towards my goals, so as to keep my focus straight and on course.

3.  Instead of getting involved in many things that I can only give so much attention, I want to dive deeply into the things that matter.  This requires limiting the things that matter so I can focus my energy and attention on them to the fullest.

4.  I become more aware of my health when I feel like this.  I want to work towards a healthy and moderate lifestyle.

5.  I want to read more and become even more reflective of my presence in my own life.

I have looked back at various journals, etc. and I have found that this time of year lends itself to these feelings that I woke up with today.  I am not sure if it is the time of the year as a teacher, or the imminent changing of the seasons, or some type of seasonal-emotional response.  Regardless, I appreciate that I get to this place as in the scope of the rest of my life it gives me balance as it offers me an opportunity to reset.

I would not be able to notice or pay attention to these changes, minor or major, if I was not reflective and mindfully aware of where I am with life.  There are many advantages to sitting back and looking at your life from the outside-in and inside-out.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment