Sunday, October 28, 2018

Defeat Hatred




How do you deal with hate and a weekend like we have dealt with?

With love, caring, and positivity!

I will meet this week with my students and peers with love, caring and positivity.  I will be intentional in taking care of those around me and let them note how valued and important they are to me and to others in their lives.

Love and caring can defeat hatred.

I have noticed that my students, even though they may not directly know the news nor are they talking about it, their worlds are effected as their parents and families are becoming stressed.  Parents cannot hide the stress nor can they hide the effects of the stress.  It gets to our kids someway, somehow...

Some believe that it is important to put a name to it.  Some believe it is important to help students to explore how and why they are more stressed and on edge.  I believe, at this point, it is my role to simply help my students and those around me to feel protected, cared for, safe, loved, and listened to.

I pledge to myself, right now, to go into this week with the intent to be authentic and caring to each of my students, each day, to do my part in making their worlds just a little more stable.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment