Wednesday, February 21, 2018

What If?




I have always played with the "What-ifs" in life as if to try things on in my mind.  As a history teacher, I like to look at the what-ifs of history...

What if there was never a war?

What if everyone born was still alive?

...And of science...

What if you you never die?

What if you could program your brain?

Recently in a meeting at school, we were asked the following what-if question-

"What if all of your students performed at their best and their best was at a high level...all of the time?"

WOW!

Right?

Would it be amazing?

Would it be boring?

I think that I would love it at first. I would enjoy pushing and challenging students to think beyond their minds' comprehension.

But... I live for the challenge.  I think that I would miss the challenge of helping a student through the muck of learning.  That is part of why I became a teacher. I want to do the hard stuff.  I want to be challenged to help those that struggle to see and be their potential.

Sure, I get tired. I get frustrated. But...I never signed up for easy.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment