Thursday, February 22, 2018

What I Get




So...tonight is Parent-Teacher conferences.

I may be weird, but I really enjoy these conferences.  I was really happy when we went to two each year.

Why?

I get to know the backstory of some of my kids.

I get to brag about my best kids.

I get to problem solve with parents of struggling students.

I get to make students proud in front of their parents.

I get to share what incredible work we do in class.

I get to share our data with more than my PLC.

Sure, it is tiring to work a 13 hour day and then wake up early to meet with parents again...but I am one of the weird ones that gets inspired to keep doing the good work from these meetings.

I hope these types of meetings create similar experiences for my teacher friends!

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. You're always so positive. It's always fun to read your stuff. Can't say I love parent teacher conferences, but you may have just given me a mind shift about them. Thanks Mark!

    ReplyDelete