Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Power of Caring




I was recently in a conversation that asked the question, "if you could have anything for your school, what would you wish for?"

Most answers were tech driven.  Some were new textbooks.  Some were about special seating and chairs, tables, etc.

What I found interesting was that nobody answered the question the way that I did.  These are caring people and all.

How did I answer the question?

I said the following-

I would want to have a staff that always put the students first.  When negotiating contracts, worrying about schedules and days off, and even pay...put the kids first.

I would want a staff that would be aware enough to see the needs in our students and reach out when they felt that they needed a coat, new shoes, or even food.

I would want a staff that looked at the entire education process filtered through the eyes of our students.  I would want absolute empathy as a foundation in the way that we approach our students academically and behaviorally.

I would want parents that had the time to care about and prioritize education, the education of their kids.  I would want them to incorporate the love of reading, learning, and discovering new things into their daily lives- NOT because it was expected, but because it was their way of living.

Are great resources important and essential to learning and growth?
Sure!  But all of the tech in the world, with the fastest wifi on the planet, cannot replace the power of a caring teaching that makes their students first priority along with invested parents that put true value on education.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteacy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment