Sunday, November 25, 2018

Colors of our Lenses




As we sit and anticipate the first snow storm of the year, the emotions noted in social media and by friends are all over the place.

First, I have friends that are doing their best to come home from a long week of travel, but the two Chicago Airports are already slimming down the number of flights.  My friends are planning on getting home later in the week.  Not very happy, but taking things in stride.

Next, I have lots of friends that have spend the day getting their snow shovels, ice-salt, and snow blowers ready for the possible snow.

Finally, I have students and fellow teachers watching the news as if they have a chance of winning the lottery to see...hoping for...the possibility of a snow day.

According to the various news and weather channels, the National Weather Service, and some German model of weather, in my area we will get somewhere between 1 and 12 inches of snow.

The thing that gives students hope and commuters worry is the timing of the storm.  Most are saying that it will fall between 11p-7a...which means right at the time for all to commute to where they are supposed to go.

My mindset on it all...

What will be, will be.  My snow blower is ready and full of gas.  I have my alarm set to get up very early to move the snow in expectation of going to school.  Note- I teach 4 miles from home.

The real note here?

We all look at events like the possibility of a snow storm through our own lens.  For some, the storm is an unwelcome basket of negative possibilities.  Some others, the storm is the potential of rest and fun.

Perspective.  Needs.  Mindset.  It all defines the colors of our lenses.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment