Monday, November 19, 2018

Educational Artist




There is nothing like being recognized by your administrators for the hard work that you put into your craft.  When they can see there is "Art" to what you craft as lessons and that it is natural in flow, even though their is learned intention throughout the planning.  When they see the true nature of the depth of knowledge that you have for your students which allows a level of trust in them which in turn, allows for absolute discovery in learning...

That, my friends, is a nice feeling.

It is not secret that I am a professional development junkie, and that I use my classroom as a laboratory in a sense, to improve and experiment with educational methods. 

Yes, I do believe that I am an educational artist. One who paints with thinking and the elicitation of curiosity on a canvass of young minds held by my students.

I believe that teaching is an art, is a study of psychology, is a love of taking risks and ever growing, and a love for the process of learning.

Have I arrived?

A huge NO!

I have only begun to learn and become the teacher that I want to.  I now feel like I finally have two feet planted firmly on the path to becoming an excellent and inspirational educator. 

I look forward to the grow that is yet to come.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment