Monday, February 19, 2018

Teaching defined...




I woke up this morning with a question in my head.

What is teaching?


We have so many definitions, I am sure.

Transfer of information

Demonstration of a skill

Guided work toward practice

Assigning tasks towards mastery

Planned out pathways of discovery


As I immerse myself in daily professional development through seminar, books, Twitter Chats, and the sort- I really see all kids of definitions of teaching being expressed.

In my reflections,  I am believing that my definition is what I am seeking through all of the PD.

What does teaching mean to me?  If I truly get there, then I will be able to fully create a manner in which to teach that I believe in.

Learning, however, is just as complex.  Perhaps a pondering for another day?


Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Minfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment