Thursday, July 5, 2018

School Dreams




I am a teacher.  I have back to school dreams...well....nightmares. 

Some have students that are out of control, some have me trying to teach during a disaster, some have me teaching in a corn field, some are funny, most are scary.

I don't normally have these events until August, but...they have already started.

I wonder if it is because I am still seeing students at school.  Is it because I am invested in Twitter Chats and thinking about my teaching?  Is it because I ran into a few students a few days ago?  Is it because of something I ate?  Is it gas?

I am not sure what creates these strange night school rehearsals, but I know that I have them.

I have heard through the years that others have them.  I am curious if all teachers have them. I think if they do, someone should write a book as a collection of various teachers' dreams.  That might be quite an interesting read!

What I decided to do after each one...  because I wake in a cold sweat every time I have one, is to reflect on their meaning.

They almost have me thinking things through to make sure that I am considering all possible situations for next year.  They are pretty crazy when I think of the things that happen.  Most of all, I am left with the recognition that I care about what I do.  I want to do well.  I want my students to like me and have incredible experiences in my class.  I want my students to be successful regardless of the obstacle.

That is the message that I will take from these nighttime cinematic events.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites




No comments:

Post a Comment