Thursday, July 12, 2018

A Tree




Today was a great day at the Literacy Conference.  We got a lot done and we feel great about our work.

There was one issue though...

It was FREEZING in the conference center and meeting rooms.  I am not just talking cold...I am talking Walk-in Freezer cold!

I spent 8-hours in these rooms.  My forehead was frozen prompting me to take some aspirin. I could not wait to thaw out.

Immediately after the last session ended, I went outside into the 87 degree heat.  It took me a little while to thaw out.  I think my nose is still frozen.

I started back into the hotel and stopped,  Why did I need to rush into the cold hotel?  It has been a long and cold 2-days of conference and thinking, it is time to thaw and relax.

My mind was very full from the overwhelming amount of information and responsibilities.  I needed to slow it down a little and get my mind to quiet.

I notice the Sequoia Tree and I sat with it.  I faced it and focused on the textures of its bark.  After about an hour, I was warmed up and hungry.  I was ready to change into some comfortable clothes and get some food.

The warm and mindfulness had allowed me to put the day and cold temperatures behind me and readied me for a night of writing.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites

No comments:

Post a Comment