Monday, July 9, 2018

No thank you to Anger




I got angry today.  Really angry.  The kind of anger that makes your ears hot and red.  Why?  I got an unexpected piece of mail that felt unfair.  Really unfair.

After talking to my wife about it, I started to feel better. Here problem solving helped immediately.

It is always best to talk about what is making you this angry.  It relieves some of the pressure by expressing it to someone and have them share the experience with you.

After getting my mind onto something else, I felt better.  I added RAM to my computer.

By taking a moment away from the source of anger and doing something that frees your attention to it, you are able to let go of that acute anger that was originally felt.

After installing the RAM and finding that I did it all correctly, I sat in silence and and breathed.

Sitting and breathing while paying attention to ONLY your breathing In and OUT is a way of calming the body, mind, and soul.

Now...

I can look at the piece of mail with a new lens while I quietly and calmly consider my options.

Notice...

If I would have made phone calls or acted without being mindful and taking these actions, I would have simply made myself more angry.  I would have been rude and attacking on the phone (maybe?). And I would not have been rational.

This...

Is what following a mindful mindset can do for your health- mental and physical.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts. They have been so beneficial to me in the last couple of weeks. So many things have happened that are of a negative source. I did like you and took a step back and spoke to someone that was not family so that I could get objective feedback. Then I discussed things with my husband and we were able to make some well though out decisions. Thank you. It is a pleasure reading your posts each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, you very much made my day! Thanks for following your positivity and taking care of you. Mark

      Delete