Thursday, September 6, 2018

Mutual Care-taking




I have had my students now for a bit over 3-weeks.  We are getting into the grove, as it were.  I know student names, I have a good idea of personalities, and there is a gradual sense of comfort in all six classes.  Students are comfortable enough to joke around with me and they are respectful enough to stand up for me and my expectations.

I love how kids take care of me.

I wasn't feeling my best this morning and my students obviously could sense it.  They were quiet, got to work quicker, and we extremely kind to one another.

This makes me proud of my students on so many levels.

This behavior shows respect, maturity, and awareness.  They are very much in the present and can feel the difference in the room.  They notice someone is in need. 

They are NOT on autopilot! 

I believe that I credit my routines in class.  I also credit the way that I treat my students...I talk to and with them...not at them.

A classroom is the perfect environment for mutual respect and care-taking.  It is easy to get there is both sides are truly aware of the culture set.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment