Saturday, May 12, 2018

Let's Get Physical




It is time to begin taking care of my physical self.  I have been spending some quality time working on my emotional self, my writing, and my teaching... but sometimes, well, but often...it is my physical self that loses priority.

I have had a few injuries this year that have allowed me to gain some weight this year.  On top of this, the injuries have made it still...difficult to exercise.

I have lived my One Little Word, "Persist" when it comes to my writing and teaching.  It is now time to add taking care of my aging out of shape body.  It will only help my health and all of the other things that I am working on in life.  In fact, it should have been my first priority to set a foundation for everything else...But... instead of complaining of what could have or should have...

It is time to start.

So...

Eating better and LESS.

Working out starting out simply to get my body used to it, and not injured.

Persisting and staying with it.

Being intentional about these goals and not expecting them to happen on their own.

Yes, I feel like I am always working on me-

But isn't that what life is about?

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your focus on the physical! I'm sure the benefits will spill over into your writing and teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. Last night, I thought.... I need to pull it together and start caring about my physical health. So it was fun to read this. You've given me a bit of extra motivation.

    ReplyDelete