Friday, August 3, 2018

A taste of ready




Yesterday was a day spent with incoming students and their parents.  It was Middle School registration day for our school.  I love volunteering to help with this day as it is my first bite or taste of being ready for the new school year.  For me, it has become the kicking off point of the new school year.  Seeing students and their parents, talking about their schedules and school supplies, watching them purchase locks and PE suits for PE class, seeing the lines for new Spirit Wear.... It all means excitement for me.

Unfortunately, for many students, it gets them mourning the loss of summer, sleeping late, and a sense of freedom.  Also, for many students that have yet to find the love of learning, it is almost a painful realization that in a little over a week, school will begin whether they are ready or not.

For me, it is a taste of school and the excitement of the new year.  It also gives me a special appreciation for the few days that I have left of summer break.  These days feel like found days and allow me to have some last minute fun as well as getting some last minute things done at home.

For school staff, parents, and students...this is a reality.  The school year will begin shortly.  We can mourn the loss of summer break, or we can celebrate the wonderful things to come.

It is all really mindset.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites



No comments:

Post a Comment