Saturday, June 30, 2018

Someday




I will get to it someday.

That is what I have told myself about so many things through the years.

A couple of years ago, my wife gave me this quote as a reminder and a nudge.  I think it was about my writing, but it could have been about so many other things...


As the days, months, and even years pass...this quote becomes more true as well as more personal.  In fact, it is beginning to hurt a little.  What might I mean by "hurt?"  As I reflect on the many years that have gone by that I have told myself that I want to do something and that I will get to it one day, I become aware that way too many years have passed.

It is time.  Now.  If I want to do something, be something, experience something...Now is the time.

Buddha believed, after coming from extreme wealth and choosing a life of pure simplicity, that the more you have, the more stress that you have.  I am taking from that to understand that the more you put off, the more stress that you hold on to as there is regret that you never got to it, or the eventual loss in hope that you might get to it...

My solution-

Reflect on what means the most to me- prioritize.

Let go of the things/ideas/hopes that really do not fit with who I am at this point.

Be intentional about what means something to me and DO IT!

It is truly through experiences that we live life.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work. Mindful

    ReplyDelete