Monday, November 12, 2018

This Journey




As I am rounding out the last weeks of my one year goal of daily writing, I have realized how ready I am to write.  What I am ready to write are my books.  This practice has allowed me the growth that I have needed to know myself as a writer.  I know what I need personally from my writing and I am ready to finish the writing projects that I have started and move completely into the writing model that I have designed for myself.

I am a writer.

Today, I started organizing my book project files.  For me, this is my cue to reflect on what my first dive will be into and where my daily commitment will rest.  As finishing or restarting a book on professional development and understanding is calling to me, I will do this prior to any "creative" work in fiction...but...fiction waits for me as well.

So will there be blog posts from me during this process...after January 1st?

Yes, but they will be more involved, more developed, and much more in-depth in their scope and topics.  I will write about teaching and the writing process as it speaks to me.  I will write about once each week to maintain what I have started in this journey.

Persist.

This past year, my "one little word" has be the word, persist.  I have focused my life around my blog in this light, but I have allowed other areas of my life to get lazy...which is fine. I am not sure what my next one little word will be for next year, but it is my goal to be more inclusive of other areas of my life.

The message.

Writing has pushed me into even more reflectiveness than I thought was possible.  It has allowed me to learn from my writing...about myself and what I want in life.  I have a little coaching from others as well.  I am proud that I have stuck with this journey and I am itching to get to the next step of this journey.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment